Comfort, appearance and performance rolled into one! This Leopard 38’ is the owners’ version, with 3-staterooms, 2 heads and a galley up layout. Great foredeck area for hanging out; covered cockpit area for steering, living, fishing, dining al fresco and relaxing! This one is cruise-equipped and a proven long-distance family cruiser. She has been captain maintained since 2007.
She even has two dockside air-conditioning units to help you stay comfortable on summer’s hot and humid nights.
JEAN is a Caribbean, Florida and Panama Canal veteran. She is ready to take you there again. Take off now from the Sea of Cortez and make your cruising dreams come true!
Bridge deck main salon is spacious and well thought out. To starboard is the dinette with wraparound seating for 6 surrounding a drop-down dinette. Galley is on the same level, to port. Light and airy feel throughout allowing good views whether underway or at anchor. Two air-conditioning units ensure your comfort while you are at the docks
Interior has cherry finish wooden accents, lots of storage and easy access to either the private owner’s suite on the starboard hull or the two cabins in the port hull.
Escape hatch cleverly built in at center of bridge deck level, disguised with cherry-finished pull out floor board.
One-level living while underway and preparing food from the galley, sailing, manning the helm or just enjoying the expansive views surrounding you.Galley
Galley up in wrap-around configuration on port side of bridge deck. Bright and airy feel with 4 opening hatches facing forward, screened by molded in fiberglass steps on deck. 2 more hatches overhead molded into the coach roof.
- 12vDC Seafrost refrigerator/freezer with heavy duty evaporator plate in two large molded compartments
- Integrated garbage bin molded into counter
- Force Ten 2-burner stove with oven and broiler
- Generous counter space and storage
- H/C Fresh water
- Double SS sinks
- Water management system under sink
- Water heater – 6 gallon
- Generous storage and counter prep space
- Corian highlighted counter tops
- Hella fan mounted above and to port to keep you cool while cooking
- Viewing port aft allows easy view to the aft cockpit lounge area
- Storage for crockery and cutlery below this viewing port
Three double cabins, two forward and one aft. From the bridge deck, 5 steps down into either hull.
JEAN is the owners’ version, allowing privacy in the self-contained starboard hull. Full forward is the generously sized athwartships bunk atop molded fiberglass steps. Bookshelves and lighting forward. Hatches overhead and on deck level allow for plenty of natural light. En suite head. Through the door and continuing aft is a desk with a swing out seat. Full aft is a generous sink and shower with molded in seating.
The port side hull has two double berths, one forward and one aft. Molded fiberglass steps up to bunks allow for generous storage and hanging lockers under all berths. Ventilation provided by opening hatches overhead and on deck level. 12v two-speed fans throughout the superbly ventilated cabins. One full head is shared by the 2 cabins in the port hull. One-piece molding heads for easy cleaning.
Tank watch systems on either hull.Deck
Hop aboard on either side sugar scoop full aft. Swim platform connects the two hull spaces.
Easy engine access to either engine through large opening hatches. Low cutaway stern makes for easy walk through access.
Electronics and Helm
- Custom SS davit system for transporting dinghy and outboard, integrated into molded FRP aft arch
- Walk through cut-away stern transom
- Starboard side midships helm station with full controls, easy line access for all sails
- Portside wraparound cushioned molded seating with drop-down dinette.
- NEW Bimini canvas, July 2020
- Bose 151 speakers on either side of cockpit.
- Main entrance door to the main salon in 3 folding sections
- Winches in cockpit: (2) Lewmar 48; (1) Lewmar 40. Rope clutches.
- On Main mast: (2) Lewmar 40 winches, (1) Boom vang
- Great foredeck area for lounging, trampolines, molded seats forward are mounted on SS rails on either hull
- Ground tackle in a special compartment at midships on deck.
- Electric Tigress Lofrans windlass with dedicated power source in its own (new January 2020) gel-cell battery
- 33# Bugel anchor with chain and nylon rode
- Boarding gates P/S
- Double SS lifelines
- SS mast steps
- Canvas hatch covers
- Custom upholstered seat cushions
- Rail mounted SS barbecue
Exterior navigation instruments at steering station on starboard side of cockpit. Interior navigation instrument panel is to starboard in the main salon
- Raymarine Tridata
- Wind instrument Raymarine ST60
- Raymarine Radar C70
- Autohelm ST8002
- Navigation console with compass and engine controls
- Plastimo compass
- VHF: (2) 1 Fixed mount Standard Horizon Eclipse with DSC; (1) Handheld West Marine submersible
- SSB: (1) Icom IC M802 with backstay antenna
- Leather wrapped wheel, wheel cover
- Sony XM ready stereo and mp3 player with 2 Bose 151 cockpit speakers, 1 interior speaker
Wired for 120vAC 60 hz and 12v DC throughout
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
- AC circuit breaker panel for water heater, outlets, battery charger
- Electrical panel shows amperage and DC voltage
- Batteries: (2) house (1) engine start (1) windlass. All gel cell, NEW January 2020
- Mase Diesel generator
- Wind generator 80w
- Solar panels (4) x 80w per panel
- Morningstar charge controller
- Xantrex battery charger and monitor
- Charles 80watt battery charger
Easy engine access from either side aft on each hull.
Sails and Rigging
- Twin Westerbeke Diesels, 42 hp each
- Engine hours: 4223 Port; 4363 Starboard
- (2) Rotary Aire 10,000 BTU air conditioners
- Generator: Mase 2.5kw
- Watermaker: SK 8 gph
- 990 sq. ft total sail area
- Mainsail, roller furling jib, spinnaker
- Single forestay with Profurl jib roller furling
- Large fixed mainsheet traveler with jammers
- (3) Winches total in cockpit: (2) Lewmar 48 and (1) Lewmar 40
- (2) Mast-mounted Lewmar 40 CST winches
- Main halyard, traveler controls, jib furling line
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.