You've never seen a Leopard 48 like this!
2013 ROBERTSON AND CAINE LEOPARD 48 – Second Star
BROKERS REMARKS: "Second Star" has been tastefully outfitted for bespoke, crewed charters in Belize. After purchasing from The Moorings in Tortola, the current owner sailed her to Belize where she went through an extensive refit/upgrade process. Some of the great features of this 48 are: newer Raymarine instruments, all hatches, shades and blinds replaced, Flexiteak decking throughout on the exterior (and in heads/showers), engineered teak flooring throughout the interior, additional 6k BTU Air Conditioners added to the starboard cabins, new lighting, fittings and fixtures throughout, newer faucets and shower heads...the list is extensive and goes on. Please read through the full listing for all details!
She sustained some minor damage during hurricanes IRMA and MARIA in 2017, but was back out chartering in December when the Tortola charter base reopened. She then went on to have an extensive phase out from The Moorings before the current owner re-fit her even further.
A truly one of a kind and elegant example of the greatest cruising catamaran of all time:
The Leopard 48
BUILDERS REMARKS: The award-winning Leopard 48 offers blue water performance and comfortable living spaces; this catamaran is a popular member of the Leopard line.
The Leopard 48 features a large forward cockpit with direct access from the saloon and a stairway to the forward platform. Other exterior bonuses include a large and open aft cockpit with cockpit table. A raised helm station, providing excellent panoramic visibility, allows for excellent blue water maneuverability.
The galley of the Leopard 48 comes equipped with top-of-the-line appliances and ample prepping space. The expertly-designed interior makes sailing not only fun, but also incredibly comfortable. Her modern lines and open floor plan set a new standard for the modern cruising catamaran.
AVAILABILITY: Now, in Placencia, Belize.
As of refit in late 2021:
- New 12’ AB dinghy with 25hp Yamaha Outboard
- All new Raymarine navigation instruments, including 9” Proaxis MFD chartplotters at the helm and nav station
- All new hatches, hatch shades, window and portlight shades, and new cabin shades / blinds
- Flexiteek decking on the exterior – everywhere a Moorings crewed yacht has it (plus on top of the tables in both forward and aft cockpits) – plus in heads and showers
- New engineered teak flooring throughout interior
- Additional 50gallon freshwater tank
- New 16k btu A/C in saloon
- Two new independent 6k btu A/Cs in starboard forward/aft cabins
- Additional refrigerator in aft cockpit
- New side-by-side refrigerator freezer in galley
- New American version 5-burner stove / oven
- New microwave
- All new lights, fittings, and fixtures throughout, including faucets, shower heads, etc.
- New cushions and luxury covering for galley benches and nav station
- New custom sail bag
- New blue cushions for all external seating
- All cabinets, shelves, interior wood and doors (everything that was the cherry wood color of the original) has been wrapped with a walnut color teak vinyl (looks as though all wood has been replaced in the entire boat)
- Raymarine – E70636: AXIOM+ 9 - 9" MFD (Nav Station)
- Raymarine – E70481-00-MCB: Axiom PRO 9" MFD (Helm Station)
- Raymarine – E70328: p70s Autopilot Control Head (Sail)
- Raymarine – E70327: i70s Instrument Display (Digital)
- Raymarine – E70060: i50 Tridata Display (Digital)
- Raymarine – E70061: i60 Wind Display (Analogue)
- Raymarine – E70476: AIS700 Class B Transceiver
- Raymarine – E70517: Ray 73 VHF radio
- Raymarine – T70469: Wireless handset/ wireless hub
- Raymarine – RD418HD: 4KW Color Radome (18” HD Digital Radar Dome)
- Raymarine – E70347: FLIR CAM220 IP Marine Camera (Forward-facing camera mounted in forward cockpit connected to onboard Raymarine system able to display on-demand live stream video (or record video or take pictures) on Axiom MFD screens at Helm station and Nav station, providing captain to see all activity during anchor operations and / or on the trampoline)
- Raymarine – E70347: FLIR CAM220 IP Marine Camera (Forward-facing camera mounted amidship on transom under anchor compartment connected to onboard Raymarine system able to display on-demand live stream video (or record video or take pictures) on Axiom MFD screens at Helm station and Nav station, providing captain to see water between the hulls allowing captain to see all activity during mooring ball (or pin-point locations) arrival (when target is no longer visible due to point-of-view at helm).
- Fusion – MS-RA70: Marine Stereo (Installed at helm and acts as a second controller for onboard Fusion Link audio system)
- Fusion – MS-FR4021: Marine 2-Way Full Range Speakers, 120W, Pair (Installed at helm and attached to onboard Fusion Link audio system)
Other Installed Items:
- Force10 – 1988146: Four-Burner American Standard Gimbaled Propane Range (Oven and cooktop range + trim kit, replacing original oven / range)
- Isotherm – 1200BB4YK0000: Isotherm Cruise CR 200 Inox 7.0 cu. ft. Refrigerator/Freezer (Side-by-side refrigerator + freezer replacing original drawer-style refrigerator + freezer in galley)
- Isotherm – 18818237: Isotherm Cruise 65 Clean Touch Stainless Steel, 2.3 cu.ft. Refrigerator/Freezer (Installed under helm station stairs on aft-cockpit as secondary refrigerator)
- Whale – WM8284: Whale Grey Gulper IC Automatic Shower Waste Pumps (2 of these were installed – one starboard side, one aft side – replacing all 4 existing, manually-operated, shower waste pumps in all 4 heads)
- Magma – A10-1218-2GS: Infrared Gourmet Series Catalina II Propane Gas BBQ Gril (including rail-mount kit, mounted on aft railing of aft cockpit)
- The generator’s back end was removed and rewound, and then reinstalled in February of 2022
- New external engine-compartment blowers for both main engines
- New 32” LED Smart (Google / Android) TV mounted in salon
Other Included but uninstalled components:
- Chain Counter
- Plumbing to switch heads to freshwater flush
- 100 gallons of additional collapsible freshwater tanks
The following does not convey with vessel:
1) All personal effects (clothes, toiletries, photographs, etc.)
2) All removable decor (paintings, decorative bowls and baskets, holders, containers, nets, hooks, non-logo place mats, decorative knickknacks, rugs, wood carvings, metal statues, candle holders,etc.)
3) All kitchen utensils and dishes, decorative wooden blocks and cutting boards, plastic and metal containers, plates, bowls, serving utensils, cups, glasses, thermoses, etc.
4) Plug-in appliances (blender, toaster, coffee pot, hot water kettle, counter-top ice maker, scented B&BW wallflowers and consumable refills, etc.) - Microwave is included with sale
5) All Linens (mattress toppers, comforters, pillows, pillowcases, sheets, towels, hand-towels, potholders, cloth napkins, cloth place mats, blankets, throw cushions (indoor & outdoor), etc.)
6) Removable electronics (decorative/non-affixed lighting, computer monitor, keyboard, mouse, USB security cameras and associated wireless system, primary WI-FI system and two (2) antennas, all power & connector cables, electronic device adapters and carriers, power strips / surge protectors, etc.)
7) Water toys (electronic underwater scooters, dive flashlights, flashlights, floats, noodles, 2 x stand-up paddle boards, 2 x tandem kayaks, SUP/kayak holders, and associated gear, etc.)
8) All consumable products and supplies (food, drinks, alcohol, chemical cleaners, paper products, Zip-Lock bags, aluminum foil, batteries, etc.)
9) Coolers and cooler bags (white Yeti coolers, soft-side coolers, and collapsible cooler bags)
10)Aftermarket safety vests (all original orange safety vests are included)